December 20, 2012

My Skincare Holy Grails.

Hello everyone! If you are familiar with my blog then you might know that I am constantly experimenting with acne treatments.  And I have recently come across a few that have worked wonders for my skin, and decided to share them with you in hopes that they might work for you as well.

The first product is one that I have been using for about a year and a half now and I have found that it works really well for minimizing breakouts over night and keeping my skin soft. This product is the Cuticura ointment. This is really similar to Neosporin except the active ingredient in this is phenol. Which is very commonly used in a cosmetic procedure to rid the skin of acne scars and wrinkles.  This works (for me) in a matter of a few hours to really reduce my breakouts.   You can get this off of the Cuticura website for about $8.00 plus shipping and handling.  I'd really suggest this product to anyone who struggles with acne, and is looking for a new product to use. I also use the soap which I really like for getting my face squeaky clean in the shower.

The next one is actually a DIY and super simple to use.  All you need for this is a tomato. Simply cut off the top, rub the juice on your skin and let it sit for about 10 minutes or so. Then rinse, my skin always feels soft, and I notice my skin looking clearer within half an hour after this. Careful if you have super sensitive skin, because this can make you really red. 

Honey has been used as an anti-bacterial for thousands of years, the Egyptians actually used it on open wounds to prevent infection.  It's still used today, little fun fact, raw honey has recently been shown to cure antibiotic resistant MRSA. How awesome is that! It's also very moisturizing. So anyway, there is a new fad that has closely followed oil cleansing. The most important thing for this method is that you get organic raw honey, grocery store brands tend to have non skin friendly ingredients in them. Once you have this, simply massage this on your dry mostly clean face for about a minute, you can also let it sit, then wash it off. Honey comes off very easily, no scrubbing necessary. When I use this I've noticed that my skin feels soft and moisturized  and yet somehow less oily.

And last but not least, baking soda masks. This method is simple, jut mix however much baking soda you need and some water so that it makes a thick paste,and apply this to your face, let it sit for 10 minutes then rinse.  Your skin will look a little red, but that'll fade quickly.

I hope this helped you all :)
-Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment